Thursday, July 28, 2011

Getting Ready for School

I have been to school several times now to get my classroom together for the new year, but it seems like every time I go it is not ready for the move in. I have brought a couple of things there, but still have an overwhelming amount of stuff to do there. I start on Wed and am not nearly as prepared as I have been in the past. My classroom is kind of dark in my opinion. It is painted this blue color that I am not sure about. I am hoping to be able to paint it and have a bright color in mind - maybe yellow or pink! I have a feeling I will end up with something like off white though. It looks so much smaller than my other room and I was really stoked about the closet space until I was finally able to open the doors of the closets. There is not much width to them. I am going through things I have (which is WAY WAY WAY too much). I have decided to purge my collection and stop hoarding things I do not use and probably will not. Ebay users may enjoy that!
Overall, I am feeling like an anxious kid right now! I want to start to get the beginning done with, but know that I am no where near ready! This year will be an experience and I hope that you will enjoy it with me....
Maybe I will post some of my past experiences here to share and maybe pump me up! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Great idea posting past experiences for yourself AND for others! Try not to fret about having everything perfect. It's a new school and a new classroom, it'll all come together soon enough. Go with the flow and add new things to your room as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS B!! I like your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete