Saturday, July 23, 2011

Implementing Capturing Kids Hearts

Sitting here beginning lesson plans, I am thinking about my week with Capturing Kids Hearts and the way I will be able to introduce it into my classroom. Going to a new school is scary enough, but not knowing what to expect makes implementation of these things a little harder. I am trying to stay positive and telling myself that these kids are just the baby version of my old ones since they were a feeder school. I have to get past my blocks and fears first before I can sincerely open up and make Capturing Kids Hearts work - mainly my inability to be a touchy-feely person. I think I can do this hand shaking thing....I just hope I am able to be consistent in keeping it going every day all year. Maybe if I buckle down and practice self discipline, then my students will as well. We are supposed to lead by example, aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment