Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Second Day of School

It is the second day of school and I came home feeling pretty good about things. I like everything but 1 thing about the new school.....THE TIME! The people are amazing and the students are outstanding. The actually respond to you when you speak to them and overall, they want to do well even if their best is not an A. If corrected, they actually do what is asked. I have not raised my voice nor have I had to issue any harsh consequences. I feel good about things and will do my best to be sure that I keep it that way. There is no negative aura about people so they are not going to be the ones to allow me to be pessimistic or unhappy. They are supportive and care about each other. I think I may be home again!

I am still a little unsure about history. I tried to validate studying history with my kids and talk about what history is and why we study it. I was a little shocked to know that none of my students really knew and understood what the holocaust was. They knew about slavery, but didn't realize that in some countries this still happens. They knew about 9/11 but did not realize why it was important. They were able to tell me about US things. Hopefully, I can open their eyes to the entire world. While trying to validate studying history, I think I also validated it for myself. As many people know, I am NOT NOT NOT a history person so this was a tough task for me. I think that with all this in mind, I will be able to make it great!! More later!

1 comment:

  1. I loved History it was a very important class for me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete