Saturday, August 20, 2011

WHEW! Two weeks down!

I have finished the first two weeks of school! It has been a real learning experience and adventure for me to say the least. I am starting to get into the swing of things, but the time is killing me. One class is really testing me and trying to see how far they can push things, but as all teachers know, there is always one. There are like 35 kids in it and quite a few with behavior plans and exceptionalities that deal with behavior as their disability. The students will be shuffled a little so hopefully that will alleviate some of the behavior issues.

I am trying to get used to working with block schedules. I tend to overextend my science lessons and then run out of time on my social studies. (And we all know SCIENCE IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT ANYWAY!) I am getting both in though. It is weird that the kids take so long to do things. I am thinking I may be expecting just a little too much from them, but they will give what I expect, so I am keeping my expectations pretty high! Hopefully that will be a positive thing that won't come back and bite me on the ass....we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment